- Sorry Haters, Tiger Woods has ReturnedPosted 54 days ago
- Media Bias Exposed – The Rebuke of Dennis RodmanPosted 58 days ago
- The Robot ArtistsPosted 76 days ago
- So you want to be a Hip Hop MogulPosted 85 days ago
- TLC’s wins with Starter Wives ConfidentialPosted 115 days ago
- Dominican spice Carolina CatalinoPosted 129 days ago
- Curvy Chick – BET’s Lea Walker Speaks FitnessPosted 129 days ago
- A Haunted House Scores Big at Box OfficePosted 131 days ago
- Top 7 Black Films to see in 2013Posted 131 days ago
- The Adventures of EZ Pimp – The SalePosted 132 days ago
The Robot Artists
A common marketplace in South Africa for creative township entrepreneurs is the robots, where one can buy anything from car phone chargers to ear muffs, from knock-off sunglasses to country flags. What you’ll also find there are the awesomely talented Robot Artists.
Risking arrest, harsh weather and enduring the often the rude and judgemental comments of passer-bys, these artists are committed to sell their township art to support their families often left behind in Zimbabwe and Malawi…
How can you help?
Buy their art. It’s the simplest way to help support these robot artists. You’ll love their creative 3D paintings made from recycled materials (as seen in the short film above).
Featured on CNN
- Zahara happy to be back in Malawi (nyasatimes.com)
- Amazing Africa: Pinterest inspiration (one.org)
- Malawi’s Nde’feyo artists, Annie Matumbi to perform in South Africa (nyasatimes.com)
- Zimbabwe Police Seize 4 Tons of Marijuana Leaf (abcnews.go.com)
- Nde’feyo Entertainment establishes artist booking agency: Ulalo (nyasatimes.com)